Friday, October 3, 2008

I've crossed to the shit happens side

As you can tell from the title this week has yet been another great wonder some week with the boys, It all started with a trip to wal-mart:
I happened to be walking by the Halloween section, where I spotted a little lion costume and immediately thought of Connor, soon after I discovered optimus prime, with bumble bee shortly after. Well we weren't going to get past Daxton without him not knowing, which resulted in a day of transformers running amok. I spent the day with optimus prime and bumble bee in the great fight against their nemesis the little lion (I know a very very frighting bad guy.)
I thought that maybe that would be the most exciting thing to happen this week concerning the boys. Well I was wrong again. No the week could not go by that easily.
I should have known that things have been too quiet for us, otherwise I would have been on alert. I was washing dishes thinking that movie downstairs is keeping the boys entertained. But, it happened again, Dougie came in to the kitchen looked at me and said "Mom I don't feel good, and I threw up and didn't make it to the bathroom." So I grabbed the carpet cleaner and scrubber, and walked by the stairs where I happened to hear drip, drip, drip, and thought you know that doesn't sound right. I go downstairs and find that in the laundry room above the washer there is water pouring out of the ceiling. I quickly figure out that it's coming from the bathroom upstairs so I run up to find out that there is a lot and I mean a lot of toilet paper shoved into the toilet and water is spilling out. After I unclogged the toilet I decided to go and asses the damage downstairs. There is still water falling down left over from upstairs. Figuring I'd better get this cleaned up I turn around to find Daxton with a big smile on his face " It's raining in the house." What more is a person supposed to do when they hear that but think why is this not surprising me.
I do have to be proud of myself for not cursing or screaming, but just shrugging it off knowing that I have many many years ahead with these boys.
Well today is a new day with Dougie off to school (he really insisted on going because his friend is supposed to be back today which happens to be a girl named gabby.) and with my two little Braveheart war painted wannabe warrior's making me go capture their dragons and de-poking them. I can't even guess what's going to happen next, so I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Rand said...

I like the blog. I hope things get smoother for ya. Talk to ya later.