Friday, July 31, 2009

First broken bone.

I spent the other night with Daxton holding him most of the night because he hurt. Now I wish that I would have been able to pin point exactly where it was that he was hurt at the time, however he kept sending me on a wild goose chase of where to track down exactly where he was hurting. After giving him a dose of child's Motrin and him falling back to sleep soundly around four in the morning, I figured that he must be doing better. Well you see that's where I go again assuming things. He slept in late, but when he got up Tuesday morning he was limping, after we discovered that his foot was black and blue and swollen, we ran him up to the hospital. Now I went into mother mode where I carried him through the hospital wondering how bad it was, feeling bad that the kid had been in pain all night and I hadn't figured out what the hell was wrong. You know going through all the reasons of why I am a terrible mother. When it was all said and done I think that I was more upset about it than Daxton himself, who sat there smiling and handling everything quit well. The doctor's had a harder time convincing me that it wasn't as bad as I doomed it to be in my mind. So,there you go we've now had our first broken bone. All I can say it could have been much worse, lucky for us he will heal.

The rest of this week has been the same, children running around through the house and them picking on each other. However they did discover the Lincoln logs. Yes imagine my surprise at finding seven kids sitting around building with those logs the other day. There was no battles being fought, no kids running around like crazy throughout the yard. For some reason that really felt odd, kids being quiet and playing nice for once. hmm, wonder how long this will last?

Hopefully the rest of the summer will go by smoothly, and knowing that I just said that karma will probably come to kick me right smack in the behind for that. See doing much better at the language.

No comments: