Sunday, July 26, 2009

"Kate come look at this little gang," coming from Doug as he's peering down the stairs at his three boys, who happen to be sitting on the futon, with it pulled down. "What are they the tidy whitey underwear gang?" from me. And, yes they where all sitting their looking innocent enough for anyone who stands on the outside of knowing them. Yes, three little angels playing with their toys, being little boys. For us that really know them it's just a scene of them plotting what thing they can do to make life a little more interesting around here.

So, I can sit here and write about how my little boys are doing and what they are up to, right now as I am typing they are outside (with their dad.) playing cowboys with the neighbor kids. Believe me I think that I might sit this one out. The boys have been busy. We spent another week visiting the grandparents. The boys swam out at the lake, went fishing, caught "hoppers," as Connor puts it. Which is why their grandma's house had a few grasshoppers let loose in their house. Don't feel bad mom, the boys let them loose in our car too. Can you believe that for some reason I'm not a very big fan of bugs, thanks to the boys. Now that we are back home the boys think they will pick back up on waking up and pool hopping all day long.

Dougie has gone back to his dictatorship over ruling his brothers. He expects them to do as he bids them, unfortunately it kind of backfires and he ends up with Daxton telling him no, and when he's not wanting them around they follow his every move. At these moments I have to laugh, it's like their playing silent game of simon says. Dougie usually ends up pleading with me to tell the two to quit following him.

What would it be if I didn't have a good story about Daxton. I actually have one that happened today with Daxton going to his church class. Usually Daxton will go and have no problems, but today he was brought to me crying. He would never tell me what happened and there was no way he was going to go back. When we got home I finally got the story out of him. "The boy took my chair from me and would not give it back, and then the teacher wouldn't let me punch the kid." So there you go. I honestly belive he was more upset about not being able to retaliate against the kid.
For some reason, the "No hitting," law doesn't seem to be heard here.

Connor has really grown up in the last few weeks. The moment I never thought would come has finally arrived. I have waited for this prayed, begged, and practically gave up on the idea of Connor going downstairs and sleeping in the same room with his brother's all through the night. The one thing that I cannot belive is this, I waited six years for the night when the boys would all sleep through the night, it arrived, But I didn't sleep to well. You know when you get used to a certain routine it really throws you off when it doesn't feel right. Think about it my baby is not such a baby anymore.

Although we've still got a ways to go on things like, why public nudity is bad, why trying to hide and go seek in the stores really isn't something to do, and why just because Daxton meets someone new and he doesn't like them, doesn't mean we need to run up and hit them. However I sure we will get through these things too, it's only a matter of time.

No comments: