Saturday, March 27, 2010

Being sane is highly overated.

Okay so it finally happened, I got a break from the two little ones. Usually I would have thought that the time went by way too fast but, I've had a eye opener. I missed the little guys. I was left here with Dougie. Doug took the two younger ones over to see their grandparents last Sunday night after a party at chuck e cheese. Which in itself was another eye opener. I think that maybe my boys aren't little babies anymore. They ran all over the place having a good time, taking off in all different directions that it was all I could do to keep up with one at a time. The boys had so much fun that they where planning their next trip as soon as they got back home from their grandparents.

After four days of playing phone tag with Doug, his mother, my mother, sister and even my dad, for updates on what those two were up too. I was ready to see them here and I will admit there might have been some jumping up and down when they drove into the drive Thursday afternoon. I've spent the last few days holding them and watching a dominance struggle between all three boys over who get's to have mother's attention. The noise is back and the fights are happening at a regular pace. Things are being spilled and tantrums are being thrown over the stupidest things. Yes, this is our home and everything is once again back to normal for us.

So I bet your wondering what did I do in that time that was given to me, while Dougie was gone at school. I'm a freaking guitar hero that's what. The house stayed pretty clean for those days. Laundry was done. I learned what it's like to go into a store and take my time. There was no wrestling, screaming, punching, and my favorite the good old kick of a kid not getting his way. I got to sit out on my back porch and read. It was sooo nice.

That's are adventure of recent lately. Now I'm just looking forward to spring and seeing if Connor finally accomplished the unattainable, getting me kicked out of nursery. After getting a call that they wanted to talk to me about nursery, I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that I will get turned free.. Don't get me wrong I've had fun there. But, I'm around children twenty four seven. Half the time there not even mine. I think I should get to step out of the counting numbers, and reciting alphabet for a minute or two.. Hopefully...

No comments: