Monday, October 13, 2008

and the world goes round and round

So I haven't posted in a few days, but I have an excuse. I was sick and I can even have my mother sign a note for it.. It doesn't mean that nothing happened because let me tell you or maybe you have already heard that it was still a regular Brown family weekend.
Friday we left to go visit the grandparents for the weekend of Connnor's birthday. Which was really fun for Doug traveling with three little boys and one sick wife. (who happened to be on Drameen) So with me half knocked out and the boys in the back seat we actually made really good time. I don't remember but, to me it still felt like it went fast. When we arrived we took the boys to Doug's brothers house because they decided to have a family party for Connor that night. Things seemed to going okay, for the first ten minutes then sitting there on the couch I heard Daxton cry. I went over to see him on the floor, I picked him up to discover that he had been burned by the fire that they had going in the stove. So after an hour or so of cold water and wash cloths put on his arm, we got back to my mom's just in time for them to take over care of him while I ended up being really sick. Good thing for Grandparents and Aunts who are willing to take care of him all night. By morning we decided he needed to get into the doctor's so after being told he had second degree burns and that he will have to be in bandages for a few weeks, he has decided that he hates birthdays and that Dougie is not his favorite person anymore,(He says Dougie and his cousin pushed him into the stove and now holds them responsible for his ouch es.)The only good thing is about this is that he has crossed over to the good side which means he is mamma's boy again and no longer trailing his dad everywhere he goes, Well just for a few days anyway.
So after a weekend at Grandma's were back home where Dougie has gone back to another week of school and it seems that it's been a better day for him. Connor on the other hand now has gotten a little sick. Poor kid it just doesn't seem to be the best remembered birthday by us. Although now he has his little battery powered quad to ride around on and taunt his brothers with. And Daxton well he just believes that he has extra padding now with his bandages on that he can crash Connor's quad more and not get hurt cause it protects him, so he says.
Oh well there's still a carnival this week at Dougie's school, I can only imagine what might be coming.......

2 comments:

Heather said...

So as I sat here reading your story I began to wonder. Why did I get married... Why did I have kids? Where has all the time gone? I'm I freak'n losing it!! Well at least I didn't have to go to the in-laws and deal with that and be sick... One thing and one thing only can be said.. ha HA!

Brown's living said...

To that my dear friend it will come you watch it will come, than I can say ha ha ha too maybe I don't know...