Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Do I get a redo?????????

All I can say is that I hope that bedtime comes soon tonight.. So far it doesn't look like I am going to be so lucky.
Today the kids must have decided that mom needed to be tormented. I watched them literally follow behind me and the vacuum and throw stuff on the floor. I got after them and gave up. I have had to clean up spills, throw up, and you know if your going to have kids you also have those days of sheer crap. There has been fights all day with Dougie going after Daxton, Daxton retaliating and Connor trying to punch both of them in the middle of it all. I had Daxton come tell me he's cooking the floor, only to discover that my bedroom lamp was on the floor upside down. He also decided it needed to be colored green too. The two younger ones have taken my hair dryer and plugged it in because they think that it's a gun of some sort. They have been into everything today. It just seems that I have been getting after them all day, now I can't wait until bedtime. I don't believe it's going to be any easier getting them to go to bed. I just want them asleep. Five minutes to myself would be great..
This week we've had everyone miserable with the cold flu, or whatever it is that is going around. It even got to Doug where he ended up having to take a day off from flying, and we all know that to him flying is his religion. But, he did however hit a bird this week which is quit interesting. Apparently the bird was hit around ten at night at over nine thousand ft in the air. Tell me what kind of bird would that be??
On top of everyone being sick, we had Sarah Palin come to town this week. Dang I really wish I had known sooner that she was going to be here instead of hearing it from Doug that morning. But I did however get to sit out on the back porch and listen to her. It was cool to hear her voice and yes she does sound like herself.
Poor little Connor has had the cold part of the sickness. I feel bad for him, I have had it to and I don't blame him for walking around crying and just being plain ornery. (I really can't wait for everyone to get better.) Connor is still playing cupboard gnome, but also has decided that he likes to play how many times can I get mom and dad to haul me inside. To tell you the truth it sucks..... He gets on his little motorcycle and drives out into the back alley road. He also has discovered that he too can where Dougie's backpack. It's kind of funny to walk up the stairs to see a two year old, wearing a backpack, mom's shoes and a if I am lucky a diaper.. That's the thing with Connor these days your having a good day if you only have to chase him down about seven times to put a diaper back on him, anything past that and it's just going to be a long day with him.
Daxton now he no matter how bad he is feeling, he will still be able to not only entertain himself but, anyone watching him as well. I watched one afternoon as his rocking horse pepper take off with him on it. Apparently it wouldn't let him get off and was really out of control. I really wish that I could have gotten that on video. My favorite this week is one evening Daxton came over to me and told me to sit down on the couch. I went sat down and he said "are you tired?" and I told him that I was then he told me to close my eyes. He then started singing and it was the cutest thing, he thought he was singing me to sleep. Which then made me suspicious as to why he wanted me asleep? So I opened my eyes when it got quiet only to see him sneaking down the stairs, but he saw me open my eyes and quickly came over to sing me to sleep again. This went on for about twenty minutes. He sang the same song over and over and it was "twinkle, twinkle little star the itsy spider went down the spout up above the sky twinkle, twinkle little spider." Isn't that just cute or what? I still have know idea what that was all about, but I think that will always be one of those moments that will stick with me.
Dougie has been kind of ornery with us this week. I bet your saying to yourselves, yeah so what else is new? Well I guess that really nothing new is going on, but he sure is being nice to everyone at his school. I get to go have parent teacher conference tomorrow. I guess I will really know how he is doing. How ever Doug (my dear sweet husband who thinks that I have enough time on my hands to help Dougie figure out one more thing in life,) decided to get out the old super Nintendo and let Dougie play it. Well he loves it, but hell have no fury compared to a boy who cannot make mario jump right onto the damned tree......... enough said. (thanks Doug.)
Any way maybe they'll be nicer tomorrow, right? I think I'm going to make them clean up the leaves tomorrow....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH katie!! my heart goes out to you! well if you need some support, make them clean up the leaves!! lol!!! oh and hey there is always the option of getting them all down to eat (the husband as well) and just after they have sat down make an excuse to get up and then RUN to the car as fast as you can and just disapear for a little while. It could be fun!!