Saturday, October 18, 2008

Infeststation of the cupboard gnome..

So I'm a little worried. There hasn't been any floods, windows breaking or other damage going on lately. Not that I'm complaining, it's just what happens if I get too comfortable with it being this way??
Yes Daxton is doing wonderfully well that I'm starting to think that I have done something right for once with one of these kids. He doesn't look like he has any infection in the burns, or around the skin. He has however perfected the art of playing on people's sympathy. We go to the store, school, and even the neighbors, and as soon as he hears "ah what happened?" He immediately holds out his hands and gives him the what I like to call the "Bo bear look," and say "Dougie hurt me." Then we end up having to tell them he fell into relatives fire stove for them to go "oh poor baby." Really I can't blame them I mean have you seen him, his face just screams innocent no matter what. Which I suspiciously think he inherited it from an uncle, (Rand you might know what I'm talking about.) He's been acting like the same Dax that we all know and love. I think he'll be just fine. Right now he's planning a sleeping party. (Don't ask I have know idea.)
Dougie has been sick on us again, Thursday morning Dougie came up to me and said that he didn't want to go to school. Later he told me he was sick. I checked him and didn't see anything wrong, I thought well he just trying to play the sick card and so I sent him to school. Around ten thirty we got a call saying that Dougie had thrown up in class, and that he was as white as a ghost, and we needed to come pick him up. As soon as Doug brought him home I immediately wanted to kick myself. Man was he sick.. Friday I took his fundraising packet into the school office. I ended up talking to his principal and learning that the office just really loves Dougie. I also learned that he is doing much better too. Which is a relief to me, I have been worried after the fighting last week.
Our house seems to have a huge infestation of a cupboard gnome. You might know him as Connor. I find myself either in the kitchen, bathroom, hallway, or my sink in my bedroom only to be encountered by him. The funny thing about this is you never know he's in there. I usually see him poke his head out and quickly close the door. A few times he has actually scared me, ex specially when it's dark. He also seems to be suffering from a huge case of thinking hes not getting enough attention. I'm pretty sure it has to do with Daxton and his burns. There has been a lot of punching, kicking, biting, and even pushing. Most of it's aimed at Daxton when he comes up to sit on my lap I end up with a huge fight on my hands between the two. I can't wait until that phase is over.
Well it's been nice for the last few days, who knows I might have spoken too soon, considering the fact that Dougie just tried to knock Daxton out by shoving him into the wall. Someday they might all like each other. Hopefully.

No comments: