Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Moms shouldn't get sick!!

Sunday afternoon hit me with a vengeance of pain and misery. Lucky for the kids Doug got home in time to take over. Although I don't know if that was the best for all of us. Saturday afternoon I got into a cleaning kick and ended up moving our heavy leather couch, along with the futon mattress, a dresser, and later that night Dougie's bunk bed (which isn't one of those light ones.) So by Sunday morning my back was hurting. By the afternoon my head was pounding, and finally that evening I had a full blown migraine and was sick. To tell you that I was able to go lay down and have peace and quit would be like saying that three certain little brown boys didn't exist. However laying in my room I wondered just what people heard walking down the sidewalk outside of our house. With my head pounding and children jumping on my bed and Doug running them out with doors slamming, I came to the conclusion that I was going to die by my children's noise. But just as soon as I thought that there came a loud yelling by Doug and then all was quiet. Later I found out that he had yelled the kids to sleep. Like I say I shouldn't get sick.
Dougie has become a little blunt lately. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing? The other night he told me that he wanted dad to cook dinner because he cooks it better. I don't know if I should be offended or use it as an excuse more often. Awhile back at the store he asked me if I could see dad and the boys, I told him they where up ahead of us. He then says very loudly to my mortification "Is he behind that really big lady?" I didn't look at anyone near us I just kept walking. I did hear a few giggles behind me. I have had to tell him over and over that we just don't say things loud when where out in public and certain things we just shouldn't say. I have come to expect Dougie to say anything anymore and just hope that it isn't anything embarrassing.
Daxton's imagination has not been on any vacation at all lately. I have come to see what new thing he is going to come up. Lately I have had to reenact sponge bob. Yesterday he was a scorpion and today he is a boworm. I find that when I take him to go pick up Dougie from school the other parents with their kids watch him. He really gets into the gravel playing, he swims or rolls and does whatever he wants, while I try to make him stand up and wait. When they walk by me they just smile and shake their heads and tell me that I sure have my hands full. I often wonder if they ever think maybe she has heard that one before, hmmm probably not.
Our little cupboard gnome has learned the phrase "I hate you." We have had to sit the boys down and tell them that, that is a bad word and is not acceptable in our home no more. Did any of them listen to it? You probably can already guess that answer. When I woke up Monday morning I discovered that Connor had two scabs on his head. When I asked Doug about it he told me that the boys where rubbing their heads across the carpet, (You have probably seen them do this and know what I am talking about.) and that he thinks that's how Connor got his scabs that look like there could have been horns there. I still haven't figured out why they think that is so fun to do.
Today I have had just one of my average days with them. Wake up get Dougie to school, get chased by Daxton and Connor who have discovered that if they pick their noses it grosses mom out. I had to drag to little boys home from picking up their brother from school covered in dust from head to toe. I cleaned up pickle mess that resulted in Daxton getting sick. Then only to turn around and have to clean up water all over the floor I just mopped that the two younger ones decided that they needed to go swimming in the kitchen on there bellies. I expect that tomorrow there will be more messes and more interesting things to come my way. Just one day at a time right? Halloween's only in a few days, so will see how that goes.

No comments: