Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Doug has seen the future

"I am the master of evil." Dougie informed me that the other day. Boys.. I know nothing about what goes through a their heads anymore. Just when I think that I might be one step ahead of what their thinking, nope not going to happen.
This week has been one comic moment after another with these three. Dougie has told me that Connor is the wrong baby "He steals stuff, and he's mean." Well I new he was getting meaner I just didn't know that he steals things. Nice to now. I might have to invest in a lie detector machine for the future. It will come in handy what with the three of them standing around pointing fingers at each other and saying "he did it."
Dougie this week decided that he needed to step in and help us with the potty training. He would pronounce that Connor was a big boy now, and he needs big boy pants like him. He has also decided that Daxton might never get it.. I have been in a little bit of a shock today, and that is because he has kept his clothes on today. Yeah, I all but gave up. I have been worried that he's going to grow up and join some nudist colony. There might be hope after all. Of course it might be that he listened when I told him that he was cuter when he wears clothes.. I watched him the other night sit up in his sleep and say "watch it dad." So I laughed and thought I better warn Doug..
Daxton, Daxton, Daxton. That is all I should say but, I will tell more. This week Daxton has given me a new name and title. Princess. Yes you heard it, I am a princesses who would have guessed. I have spent the week being defended by Daxton. He has fought many battles against the "mean Dougie", and "bad Connor". I have also had the pleasure to listen to him change his voice into an English accent. I really have no clue as to where he got it from. I just heard "What ca got going there?" He then started to sing the song teamwork from the cartoon "Little Einsteins". Like I say it's just Daxton.
Connor has been on his own rampage this week and I don't know if I am going to live through it. I spent one afternoon battling him over the microwave. I kept trying to cook the boys lunch only to turn to get something else and he would push the buttons, open the door. One time he actually took the stuff out and tried to finish the cooking process with my can opener. Luckily I got to it before he pushed start. After the first round I thought he will just go get into something else. You all know where this story is going. Yes he got his stool and decided that he would cook my towel. Luck was on my side again because I came around the corner just in time. I have had the great privilege of dragging him across the playground twice this week kicking and screaming while everyone around laughed. I remember at one point I finally just said to the three boys, "What if I just put you all on a leash." Apparently one of the mother's heard me and laughed and said "I know what you mean."
Doug today saw the future, and then made sure I saw it too. It happened at Wal-mart. We were wrapping up shopping and looking for a lane to check out in, it was really crazy in there today. We found on finally stood there and realized that the women in front of us had two very and I mean very overflowing carts filled with food and that we were going to be there awhile. Doug turned to me and said "that's going to be us in a few years." After a while the boys where really getting out of control so I told Doug that I would haul the boys out to the car if he wanted to finish up. So I hauled the boys out to the car and we waited after awhile I called Doug on his cell phone and he informed me that he was headed out the door. When everything was loaded up and we were headed home he told me that when the lady in front of us got done checking out she turned to Doug and said "I've got three teenage boys." We came to the conclusion that what we hope was at least a two week supply of food for those boys. All I have to say to that is if I am going to buy them a two week supply, at least they can drag their butts into the store and push the damned carts. I really felt bad for that lady. She wasn't alone, but the little girl with her couldn't push one of those baskets.. So now I have a little insight in what to expect in the future............

3 comments:

Heather said...

I see the future Katie and I think you're screwed! I think I may be screwed too... So why don't we all just _______. I'll let you fill in the blank, but if you thought for one second that I was going to say screw well then you may know me better than you think. PS don't let Doug see this he may like it to much.. ha ha

Heather said...

I don't know if you'll check this today, but it looks like the most reliable network (verizon) has yet once again gone down here in good ol' Monticello. I'm almost positive that we are going to come over tonight unless something catistrophic happens between now and 5pm when Brandon gets off. I'll try to call you later...

Anonymous said...

ahh katie where do i begin, oh ya with ha ha ha. just messing really I don't want this to come back and bite me!! anyway whats up!! sounds like things are going way better than expected(feel the sarcasm) well keep being you and it will be okay and hey let me know if this whole seeing the future things turns into anything i know some people!! lol