Sunday, November 30, 2008

yeah on to the next holiday!!!

Well it's been a few days since I last wrote, but you can believe me when I say that we are all still here. We had a nice Thanksgiving at the Grandparents and had a few days to enjoy a little time off from our everyday life at home. I have to say that it is nice to have grandparents and an aunt who are around so that I can enjoy taking a shower without three boys banging on the door. But now we are back home and things seem to going about the norm around here. You know the fighting the yelling the crashing noises. Yes I can actually say we are home again.
Dougie learned how to play the game checkers while we were at grandmas. He had grandpa and him playing that game at every moment that he could. He is even still talking about it, (I have a feeling he will be for a few weeks.) Heads up to grandpa, he's planning another attack already for the next time. Before we left for thanksgiving Dougie found out that his little friend he had at school was moving away. He's been quit sad about that. I mean he just barely started liking school and now his best little buddy isn't there anymore. At least he still has a few other friends, just as long as they don't make him mad. We all know what happens when Dougie gets mad.
Daxton has still been living in his own world. I hope that someday I will be able to understand what might possibly be going through his head. I have never known a person who could always be something different at any moment. I have also come to the conclusion that when and if he ever gets the potty training done ( a lot of it comes down to him just being lazy about it.) I am going to celebrate. I mean there might be jumping up and down in the street for it. He's gotten so bad about not being able to do anything that when I told him that the three of them they couldn't have any cookies until they picked up the toys, I heard him tell Dougie that he needed to pick up the toys so that he could get a cookie. I am trying to have faith that he will eventually realize that even though he can't see me when he says stuff like that, that I can hear him still.
Connor yes he is spoiled, and I am mostly to blame for it. Out of the three of them he does throwing a tantrum quit good. I even admit from time to time I give in but, I am trying to rectify that. His favorite sentence of all time is "I hate you." Yeah try not laughing at him when your driving down the road, and one of those jewelry commercials comes on. You hear it say " I love you, I love you" and then hear Connor immediately say "I hate you." It is kind of funny. I'm just seeing it now taking him places and him telling complete strangers that he hates them. Yesterday when we got back he kept going around saying "No, no, no," after awhile Dougie came up and said "Mom, Connor is just like Grandpa." I had to laugh at that one too.
So there you go life is still full steam ahead for us and I have just decided to go along for the ride. I mean really sometimes that is all you can do right. At least I have to look at it this way nothing has been broken or ruined for a few days so it might be a good week after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katie you really should write a book about this stuff. Its great and ya I wish I could say that it gets better but I can't. Glad you had a nice thanksgiving and keep on keeping on!