Friday, December 26, 2008

Fun holidays!!!

Well it's been quit a fun Christmas season for us here. I hope that everyone else had just as good of a Christmas. So here's a review of the past week.

I have spent the last past week before Christmas talking to the boys about the true meaning of Christmas. By the end of the conversations it came down to the fact that Jesus is the superhero of all superhero's. Close enough for now.

Dougie has had a lot of fun this year and is anxiously waiting for next year. I helped with a little party at his school for "The Holidays". (Heaven forbid I say Merry Christmas, and offend someone.) At Dougie's class I learned that Dougie must not be ashamed of me yet, because he was busy pointing me out to all of his little friends. We also made a trip to Blanding for our family Christmas party. Let's just say that he was having to much fun that he wouldn't go to his cousin's birthday party. Christmas Eve he pulled Daxton aside not thinking that anyone was around and informed him that Santa is to fat to get down our chimney so he would have to come through the front door. And of course he was the last one of our boys to go to sleep. He spent all evening tracking santa with Doug. He even made sure that Santa got his sugar cookies. Let me just say that as soon as the radar said Santa had hit Delaware, we had him thinking that if he didn't go to bed that Santa might not come. As soon as his head hit the pillow that boy was out for the count. Christmas morning came and so did Dougie up the stairs and running into our bedroom to yell at Doug that Santa had been here. He had a very good time.

Daxton has been at it again. Friday on our trip to Blanding, he was riding with Grandma and Cassie in Grandma's car, apparentely they were headed down the freeway when all of a sudden Daxton decided to open his door. Trust Daxton to know the only time when Grandma hasn't put on the child lock. At the family party Daxton opened up a present from his aunt Cassie, and she had given him a pirate ship. He absoutlely loves this toy. The night we got back here to Grand Junction he asked me if he could sleep with his big pirate ship. And of course I couldn't say no to this blue eyed angelic three year old. A few minutes later I was watching him and he laid down patted his toy and said "night, night shippy." So there you go Cassie, it was a good present for him this year. That and his sword. There is nothing like having a big sword battle and looking over to see, that the ones who are defending you are wearing diapers. Man do I have the feeling that I'm going to get hit. Daxton got so excited Christmas morning that before we could make it to the tree he was grabbing and ripping. We had to quickly wake up at that point.

Connor has had a go with the flow kind of year this time. I honestly don't think he cares if he got anything that he might have thought he wanted. He's happy just as long as their is candy around. He spent his time at Grandma's with his cousin telling him where he wanted to go. And then having him looking for her when she wasn't there. That was the first time that I have ever seen him play nice with anyone. He does however like his brother's toys just as much as they do. Which then causes fights. He has also been stealing their candy. But other than that he's been real happy with life.

I'm just glad that things went as good as they did. But we are returning back into the same old routine, with Doug waking up and having Daxton break a glass cup and Doug getting his hand cut open. The boys are back to fighting and telling me " we don't have to be good for awhile until it gets to the next Santa time." Where I informed them that I can just as easily take them away and that, Dougie has a birthday coming up in a few months. Sometimes I do belive that threatening your children can be healthy for all. Sorry if this one isn't as good but, there have been a lot of distractions going on and if I don't post now, it could be another few days... Happy New Year to all........

No comments: