Monday, December 29, 2008

Rock N' Roll house ape

When does Dougie go back to school? hmm I seem to be asking myself that a lot lately. I have discovered that the true culprit to most of the noise around here has a name and that name is Dougie. Yes it is true the ring leader to the crashing, banging, yelling, crying, wrestling matches, and of course the messes is Dougie. Daxton and Connor are his loyal followers. Anything for Dougie, seems to be there motto. I still have however a week left of this Christmas vacation and will be looking forward to the few hours a day when Dougie isn't here and Daxton and Connor are sitting at my feet bored because they can't seem to function without their master.

This week the boys of course have been playing with their new toys that the great Santa brought them. Sure they will believe in Santa but the moment they here about Rudolph with his red nose. They're going to have a few questions about this. Which by the end of this conversation a flying reindeer with a glowing red nose is just going to be impossible. Yeah sometimes I think that I should be recording these conversations.

Dougie has been a little bit of a helper these last few days, that has resulted in Daxton wanting to be a happy helper. The result of this is a fight over who is going to bring me the diaper that I requested over an hour ago. Dougie has also helped Daxton out with some of his toys. Dougie has discovered that "Dad's work room," has cool kinds of tape. So when Daxton broke his new watch, Dougie taped the watch onto Daxton. When Daxton ripped off one of the fins on his rocket, well Dougie was there to tape not only the fin back on but to make sure that the whole rocket was covered. I think we will be okay but then again they have just discovered that Dad has different kinds of glue in there too. Crap......

Daxton has learned that besides there being toys out there that, there is also things called games. He is really liking the game hungry hungry hippo. But, has discovered that he has a card game with Nemo and that you can play two games. One is the famous "Go fish," the other one is called "Find Nemo." So you can imagine what he said to me when I came walking by him, and he had all these cards thrown all over the room. I asked him "Why are the cards all over the room." He responded with "I'm finding Nemo mom." Well apparently you don't need to read the instructions on how to play the game.

Some of you have probably wondered what has happened to our cupboard gnome. Well he has evolved and now is known to us as the "House Ape." At least that is what Doug has labeled him now. Connor seems to be all over the place. He is jumping on the couch, the beds. He is swinging his arms every where he goes. He even has a stomp down when he is trying to intimidate you. And of course every once in awhile there is some kind of chest thumping he does. But, mostly there is a lot of growling type of yelling he does. The nights are becoming the worst. Doug is even beginning to dread the time Connor arrives to smack one of us on the face until he's gotten what he wants. However this "house ape," loves music so when I turn music on he stops what he's doing and dances with the closest speaker to him. So yesterday I had my new little mp3 Walkman hooked up to the computer's speakers and was listening to my play list and Connor as usual comes over he's jumping on the couch and is climbing all over in rhythm with the music and I looked at Doug and said "He likes the Rock n'Roll." So it was very funny when five seconds later he is jumping around yelling "Rock n' roll." It reminded me of the movie "Taledaga nights", were the kid says "I wanna go fast." I think we might have our hands full with this one.

Well they still have a more toys to figure out. Hopefully it will keep them entertained for a few days more.... Until then all I can say is Rock on little house ape...........

1 comment:

Heather said...

do you ever just wonder why? why now? why me? why not? why what the! why why why? just a thought...