Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I need to learn to shut my mouth sometimes....

I'm sitting watching the movie "Fred Claus" and Dougie looks at me and says "So Daxton could be Santa some day." My response "He needs to be a saint first." But, as usual I'm not going to discount it. After all I never know what to expect with these boys around. Although I am a little worried since Dougie's favorite part was, where Fred throws the apple at his brother. Might need to be a little concerned. I guess that I will just have to keep Dougie away from the apples. I don't know what it is about my kids but, they seem to like the villains.

One of the great things that I have gotten to observe this week is Connor. The little guy just seems to love people. (Don't ask me where he got that from.) I have watched him standing in line waiting to check out over the past few weeks, and he seems to attract grandmas. Waiting in line is never boring for him. He loves to show off and laugh, and even tells everyone goodbye, as we leave the store. Makes a big production just leaving the store. The other night we had a few visitors stop by and Connor being Connor in no time had another "grandma friend." Yes that is what I am naming them.. I don't quit know what he does but, I think he knows. I do have to say that however last night he did sleep until five this morning. I'm still in shock and don't know what happened. I mean I got to sleep and there was no tantrums in the middle of the night, no toys blaring, I didn't get smacked or used as a slide. Just quite blissful sleep... Merry Christmas to me.

Daxton and I have been in a little bit of a tug-o-war over his fishy blanket. For some reason I believe that it needs to be washed, Daxton on the other hand says that all it needs is to be shaken, and then it will be clean. yea I don't think so. However finding the blanket is a trick all on its own. He hides it from me and then when he does have it he screams if I take it. But, I have also learned that I need to learn to keep my mouth shut at certain times. I don't need a parrot when Daxton is around. The other evening I came around the corner into the kitchen and Connor had spilled milk all over and was trying to mop it up with his butt. So me being me and the big mouth that I just can't seem to tell to stay quiet said "Dammit Connor." A few seconds later I hear "Dammit Connor." I didn't even have to look to see who it was. So then I have the little talk with Daxton about how he shouldn't say that, that it's a bad word and we shouldn't be saying that and he says, "But you said it." So there you go. What goes around comes back to make sure that you know that your doing it all wrong. Let's just say I have to work on that.

Now if there comes a day when you haven't heard from me for a few days, (Mom, Dad, Cassie.) Then there might be reason to be worried just a little. Well if I actually did take Dougie's threats serious that's what I would tell you. But seeing how Dougie is Dougie, I'm not worried. He has threatened me this week that him and his "little friends," are going to come kidnap me and lock me up and make me watch t.v. Scary let me tell you. If they think that's punishment I might just let them do it. He is getting excited for Christmas so he's got that to look forward too. Maybe it will keep his mind off of abducting his mother. Who knows...

We did get some snow these past few days and the boys have been really happy about that. There has been snow angels made and they made sure they walked all over the place. There was even a snowball fight. Let's just say I won, I had the shovel............

No comments: