Sunday, January 4, 2009

Them vs me.

Today is one of those days where I catch myself thinking four letter words that my children don't need to hear. There is a t-shirt that my mother gave Connor for Christmas it says "I'm grandma's payback." Damn if she wasn't right about that. So for all of those that think that I needed a little bit of payback in life, oh believe me when I say it has come in the shape of three forms. (See I did get one of those words out after all.)

I think that I would actually break down and cry from all the crap they have done in the last few days but, they would see it a some sort of victory for them. So let me just say that I feel a little victory in the fact that a hour ago I had all three of them crying. Let me tell you who knew that taking their newer toys away from them and saying I was throwing them out could affect all three of them. I think that I might have to give myself a point for that one maybe two, because they sure did start picking up their toys after that. I do however have to give them a point for having great determination at breaking the cupboard door all the way off. No they weren't only going to break it halfway. They made sure that before I could fix it they had the whole thing torn off. (I can't wait for Doug to see this when he gets home tonight.) I guess they don't understand the English words leave it alone quit yet. And I don't know who gets rewarded anything since I had to scrub the walls downstairs yesterday morning. I would tell why but I think I will spare you the gory details on that one. So I don't know who gets the point them for having me down there scrubbing or me for making them sit on their beds for an hour. It has gone like that over the last few days that I think that I might have to give them one for getting the game system back, only because I want a break from their "little games."

Dougie I have learned that I have to really watch him. If your not watching him close enough you won't see him punch or trip his little brother's. You also have to watch him when he has something on his hands. I can't quit get him to realize that, that is what towels where invented for. And of course if your not looking he's not going to put his trash where it belongs, oh no he's just going to leave it where ever he thinks he can. He is also not going to do anything you ask him to until your threatening him with his cartoons. I didn't quit know how much Dougie likes Coyotes until the other night when Doug and I thought that either the t.v. or some stray pack of dogs where on the lose, making enough howling noises to wake the neighborhood if it hadn't been New Years Eve. We soon figured that one out and discovered Dougie and Daxton downstairs howling. We have spent the last week with Dougie running up to us with his Lincoln Logs in the shape of a cross, trying to burn us or something. I really don't know where he got that but, I'm just going to assume that it has to do with him and his little buddies that are chasing Dracula. I only hope that getting him back in school will help settle him a little.

Daxton has developed an attitude, and you never know what reaction your going to get from him anymore. There are times when he comes up the stairs angry and you don't even have a clue. I sometimes look at Doug and think I know he's thinking takes after his mother that one. For some reason the other night Daxton looked at me and said. "Mom you have been bad and you don't get to have a birthday." Then he threatened me with "I will eat your cake and you won't get any." What I did I have know idea.

Connor is still acting the like a house ape. But, sometimes still shifts into the cute cupboard gnome from time to time. So imagine me not suspecting a thing the other night and I went into the kitchen and had washed a few dishes when all of a sudden the cupboard door hit my leg. I looked down and saw a little face poking out at me. I still don't know when he got in there with out me noticing.

So I figure that maybe if I don't have to mop the floor three times today, or have to scrub the carpet, or the walls. Maybe I won't have to clean up broken glass or something that they figured needed to be ripped apart. I might be okay until their father gets home from flying all over. (Lucky him he got to stay in Flagstaff last night. I miss that place. Maybe I should take a vacation..)Who knows????

1 comment:

Heather said...

I just tagged you ha ha see my blog