Thursday, December 11, 2008




A year ago I was sitting at Primary Children's Hospital trying to get Connor to eat something, so that we could take him home. We tried Popsicles, soup, pudding, and even Gatorade. He wouldn't take anything. It might have been the fact that he was still angry about having to have his tongue tied down. Even after they came in and undid the stitches to let his tongue lose, he still wouldn't eat. Who knew that all it would take was a walk down to the vending machine with his dad to get Twinkies. I still have to laugh at that moment when Doug opened up the Twinkies that he thought he was going to eat only to have Connor reach for them. Well lets just say that after the nurses saw him eating that, we were released to take him home. I have to give Doug credit for that one.
Yes you can never guess by looking at Connor that he had almost starved to death on us, and had problems eating. (I can't ever thank the people enough who came in and helped me get him taken care of, those first months of his life.) Or the fact that he might not be able to hear. which he did pass finally. So it's been kind of hard for myself to believe that, that had all happened just over a year ago. Especially now when I look at my little terror. But he's been well worth it even when he is up all night.
I am just going to say THANK YOU!! to everyone who helped with Connor.
Any way we have had a good week. Dougie has been enjoying school this week. I've been trying to get him to walk across the playground by himself but, he still makes me walk over with him. He tried to tell me that the bigger kids run in to him, which I honestly couldn't believe since he's never walked over by himself before. However yesterday Doug took him to school and when he got him over to his class the little girls in Dougie's class started to run over. I guess at that point he didn't need his dad there anymore
Daxton has been off in his own world. The one thing I have noticed about him is that everything he does down to every movement has a sound effect. You never really can guess what he's gong to do next.
And little Connor has been quit interesting today where we learned that Connor is no shy kid. We were standing in line to check out and he decided to start showing off for the lady behind us. Let me just say it was quit a good show.
So we haven't had any big thing this week just a nice quiet week, well as quiet as it can get between all the yelling and fighting that they do, I've just come to accept that this is what boys do. At least I'm hoping that's normal for boys.

4 comments:

crystal said...

I can't believe it's been that long already! I'm so glad everything is working out okay for the little guy. Glad your week's been better too! We miss you guys!

Brown's living said...

We miss you guys too. Hopefully next time I'm in town we'll be able to stop in...

Anonymous said...

Katie!! WOW!! anyway hi and how"s it going? Your kids are awesome they crack me up!! You have your hands full anyway keep on keepin on and wow already been a year he is soooo cute!!!

Brown's living said...

Yeah twinkies tend to do that from time to time.....