Saturday, January 10, 2009

Boo + rock = broken window..........

I bet I have captured your attention with that title... However it's not what you think.

I'm starting to think that I am a bad candidate for motherhood. Yes I'm going to admit that I never had the aspirations for soccer mom sainthood growing up. But here I am and I wouldn't change a thing my kids have grown on me. I'm just playing by my own rules now.

I was left again alone with the boys over night again. And to be honest with you it wasn't as crazy as the last time. Sure there where fights, and messes being made. But there was also a mother who fought back harder this time. (Lot's of time outs.) And a early bedtime doesn't hurt them every now and then.

Dougie has had a rough couple of days and is back to hating it here. He's already counting down the days until we move. News flash to Doug and I neither one of us new we were moving, I wonder where we're going?? Dougie has also been back to commandeering his troops, today the had a special mission. Searching for diseases in their castle. I didn't even ask, I can't even get them to pick up their toys but they can search for diseases, I am baffled.

Daxton aka Boo has gotten me almost to the point of me manually thinning my hair out. It comes down to potty training and I know some of you are thinking "what's so hard?" All I have to say to answer that is DAXTON. I ask him if he needs to go and he says no, five minutes later he's peed all over himself. When I ask him why he didn't go when I asked him he says "because I didn't need to then." I am starting to believe that he really thinks he's a transformer. And apparently they don't have to use the bathroom. Every time I turn around anymore that kid has a rock. If your not watching him he sneaks them inside. That is what he has done today. I realized this after he started throwing it at the wall. Lucky for us we found out before Daxton could break anything. Because if there's something he is good at it's breaking anything he can.

My little house ape is living up to his name these past few days. He refuses to wear clothes. And every five minutes he's streaking through the house. Yesterday he thought that he needed to make himself some new swords, little did I know that the basket by the door with the winter stuff in it was going to contribute to his little project. While I was making them lunch Connor was ripping the long sticks out of the lid. I spent the rest of the day being hit with these "swords." I really don't know how many he had, he just kept showing up with them. Last night Connor found a box that had shredded newspaper in it and decided that the house needed decorating. So I ended up vacuuming the house up for the third time that day, and cleaning out vents that got to be involved in Connor's little games. He even had it all over his brother's.

Now that the inversion has moved out, the boys have been outside today. It's about time. I never realized how cold the inversion made it here. Doug said that when he went to fly the other morning it was nine degrees outside, but as soon as he got above the clouds it was thirty. Crazy. I'm just happy that the sun is out today. Maybe it will stay that way for a few more days......

No comments: