Monday, January 12, 2009

Time to knock mom out....

Okay I'm just going to warn you now if this blog doesn't make sense to you, you can blame it on the boys. I took a couple of hard hits to the head courteously of the boys. Personally I'm just in shock that I can even function right now. I always knew that Daxton head butted hard but, (couple of bleep words here.) This time I couldn't walk straight and everything was spinning for a couple of hours. If that wasn't good enough a while later Connor wasn't going to be out done. No he found a toy. A heavy toy and I took another blow to the temple. Tonight I'm thinking that if I have a favorite right now Dougie is getting that nomination.

So it's been one of those days where if Doug was home I would retreat from life today and climb back in bed and hide under the covers. Doesn't help when you have been up all and I do mean all night. I don't quit know what world Connor lives in but I do know that I am going to remember nights like those for the future. I can't blame him when he came in at eleven scared of the helicopter flying over the house. But, from twelve to five I really don't like taking a walk through the house. Or having to lay on the couch then the futon, the boys beds downstairs, until he decided where he was finally going to crash. I also lost my cell phone today but, I did find the silver lining in the cloud with that one. At least after back tracking from Dougie's school to the house I finally found it. It was in the car the whole time. Just fell between the seat and the floor. But I did find it and that's what counts.

I have to admit Dougie has been the easy one to deal with today. He had a better day at school, so it might be a sign for the week to come hopefully. I had to smile at him yesterday when he asked me "when are we going to go to the Disneyland in the sky." Yes Dougie has been believing that Disneyland is actually up in the clouds. However I have gotten that straightened out. He has proved that he has great makings for being the big brother. I had the boys outside today and the other two got stuck in the mud in their boots. I was on the back porch and heard Dougie laughing and his brother's yelling, when I looked down that's when I realized he wasn't going to help them. No he just stood there taunting them, just like I would expect from an older brother.

Last night Daxton started something that I was hoping that he wouldn't discover for a few more years. I walked into the room and there is Daxton huge glorious smile on his face, standing on his head. Yes you can only imagine what happened next. Let me just tell you Daxton was the only one to figure it out I had Connor nose diving off the top of the futon. Dougie well he couldn't understand why he kept landing on his butt hard. I finally had to tell him he was doing it backwards and that summersaults off the couch was going to result in a very sore backside.

Connor well he's kind of contributed to my bad Monday I seem to be having. Every time I turn around I have to change my clothes. Connor thinks it's funny to throw ice water on mom twice. Now I know that your thinking it's just water. cold water. But then if became soup, followed later by mud. The finale was my caffeine. Now that almost had me on the floor in tears. It's just not right no one should do that with Dr. Pepper. I have kept my space from him for the evening, at least he's gone to sleep.

I am determined that tomorrow is going to be better. The good thing I see about today is that Dougie had a better day, and if he's going to be a little happier I guess a few blows to the head and a change of five clothes is no biggie.

1 comment:

crystal said...

I love the imagination of your boys! Just think someday you get to watch their own boys torment them!!