Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Daxton's clues.. not blues..........

I am starting to see why I get those comments from people about how I actually have four boys not three. I am sitting here updating this blog and world war four has erupted downstairs. This time it's Doug leading the battle. I would tell him to knock it off but that would only point unwanted attention into my direction. No I think whatever that big crashing sound that just happened, well he will have to fix it. I can tell who is winning since I can hear Doug laughing, not a good thing.

The last few days have been quit entertaining, and to be honest with you I don't know who's been most entertained in this house. I do know that if there was to be more points added up, that I am the loser. I can't quit contain them anymore so it shouldn't come as a surprise when they decided that they needed to take matters into their own hands and hold their own church service. I heard a lot of amens and then at the end Daxton got fired. Later that night they waited until grandma had called me then decided that a pool party was what they needed. They had water poured all over the kitchen floor and were sliding across the floor on their butts. After being put on time outs Daxton came up with another one of his bright ideas. It consisted of waiting until mom wasn't looking and then sneaking over to get more water to dump onto the table and fireplace. At one point they where standing on top of the stove stomping water all over. I did get after them but that still didn't seem to stop them they soon where getting their hands wet and stamping them all over the place. When I told them to knock it off Daxton said "Where making clues mom, blue clues." Let's just say by the time Doug showed up that night I was done dealing with them.

Unfortunately I got sick yesterday and Doug ended up taking care of the boys all day by himself. I stayed in bed for most of the day and listened to it all. At one point Daxton came in and said he didn't like playing with dad and that he wanted me to get up and play. Connor also came in throughout the day complaining about Doug. Let's just say that every time that I came close to falling asleep there was Connor crawling on top of me crying that so and so had hurt him. From what I learned is that even if you look at him wrong he's going to come crying to me about it. So when I got to feeling a little better last night and came out to see how Doug was doing, I tried not to laugh at him when he said "Connor scares me."

So that is how things have been going the last few days. Dougie has gone back to school. Daxton is still fighting us on the potty training. And Connor is scaring the crap out of everyone. Who knows maybe were a normal family after all.........

2 comments:

Heather said...

There is nothing "normal" about a family in general... Sorry it had to be said, as sad as it is... "Normal" no longer exsistes....

Anonymous said...

well katie sounds like things are going well and that doug and the rest of your little family are doing great try to stay sane moslty cause you need to and also cause they do eventually grow up its just a matter of time before they leave the house you can do it