Thursday, February 5, 2009

Bloody noses...

There have been days that I wish I had the camera in my hand recording Doug's little minions. The last three days would have been those kind of days. Nothing to big happened, no great story. Just those moments that catch you by surprise and make you want to fall on the floor and laugh, but you can't because their watching, their always watching.

Dougie I have come to the conclusion watches way to much t.v. I learned this the other day when I was busy cleaning up another one of Connor's attempts at flooding the kitchen floor in an attempt to make a slippery tiled wet floor where he slides across it on his belly. Dougie come over to me and said "Mom you need a shamwow." I admit it took me awhile to understand what he was talking about. He even described it to me, telling me all about what it did. I finally figured it out he was repeating a info commercial. He was so good at telling me about it that I almost bought one from him. Another thing I noticed about letting him watch t.v. is that he knows that another Transformer movie is coming out. Great what we just needed around here.

Daxton proved to me that I need to cut the umbilical cord from him. I learned this at a playgroup where Daxton sat by me and glared at all the other kids. He took off the moment I said we needed to go and before I could get Connor ready he was standing at the door waiting to be out of there. He believes that he only needs Dougie to play. He also believes that if he closes his eyes you don't exist, and anything you say he doesn't hear. When he does listen to me he basically gives me this smile and looks at me like "It's okay we know your crazy, but we still love you."

Connor is another story, He's the one I think I would like to put a camera on at all times. He's not scared of anyone anymore. He literally runs up to people he's seen once and demands that they pick him up. He also has to wave and say hi to anyone that he can. We had an episode with him yesterday where he was mad at everyone. He was yelling "I hate you." (picked that up from the other two.) and started throwing his toys. He would then run up to us and with veins about to implode yelled, "I breaking my toys." I really wish that I could have had our camera for that one. I was laughing so hard that Doug had to get after him, which didn't help since Doug was laughing just as much. Barbarian indeed.

I have only had one minor occurrence with the boys fighting this week. They learned that if you punch someone hard enough in the nose it bleeds. Thanks to Daxton getting mad at Dougie and Dougie bleeding all over the kitchen floor, I had to put a stop to Dougie retaliating. They also learned that they don't like to be told their not allowed to play with each other anymore. I think I will use that in the future.

1 comment:

Heather said...

ha ha love it.... i have a camra, but you can't barrow it i'm sure the kids would figure out what it does and "try" to record themselves.. although that could be funny....