Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Personal space???

Personal space, yeah I heard about that once upon a time. You know before three boys decided to make sure that my every move needed to be tracked. Like not having to hold the closet door closed while I get dressed, or having little fingers appear under the other side of doors when I just want a few minutes without a child clinging to my leg. Seriously if we make it out of renting this house without a door being broke down, I might just have to buy them something for such a special occasion.

Sunday I laid in bed with a migraine. With Doug home I thought what the heck I should be able to lay here and let him take care of boys. No. You see this is where I go wrong. I just have to accept the fact that my thinking is not going to go along with the boys. As hard as Doug tried to keep them out, they made it through his defenses. Dougie would run in every twenty minutes asking, "Mom when your head quits hurting can you play the video game?" Connor would come in crying about something he wasn't getting his way at. He would then proceed to pull the pillows of my head, and hit me on the side of my head a pull my hair until I gave into him so I wouldn't have to listen to him. Daxton, well sometimes I believe that he might actually be a angel. Daxton would come check on me, he would lay down by me and say "I took the hurt all out and through it out the window mom. Okay."

I've had to come to the realization that my littlest is not really a little baby anymore. I came to this conclusion when he told me last week that he wanted Grandpa. Okay that one took me by surprise. Usually he wants his Grandma not Grandpa. I had to clear this up by saying "you want No, no." (Which is what he knows Grandpa by.)Yes that is who the little guy wanted. Connor has watched the other two boys that now he has his own little world he seems to be living in.

The good thing about the past few weeks is that the potty training with Daxton, is finally clicking. Oh ya one left to go.. I have been reprimanded by him a few times in the past few days. Daxton knows what bad words his mother is not supposed to be saying. So it takes me a few seconds to realize what I've said, when Daxton says "Mom that's a bad word and your not supposed to say it." Now I know that I need to start paying attention to what I'm saying.

Dougie has informed me that his little buddy at school has the same shirt that he has. So when they wear them on the same day, he tells me that makes them Eddy brothers. I have no clue as to what that really means, only that they are villains. I guess maybe I might get to see what it means Friday, at Dougie's class party.

We have also set a new record for no one drawing blood. It's been since last Thursday and counting. I have just become faster at realizing when things are going to get to the point where I need to get between a couple of angry little boys.

1 comment:

crystal said...

Your boys are getting so big!! The adventures at your house are so entertaining! All we do is play princess all day long every day! Oh yeah and then there are the emotions...