Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The day I dread once a year..

Okay so it's not my favorite time of the year.. Not that I have anything against birthdays and all, My husband can testify that I go crazy for his and the boys birthday's. However when it's mine I would rather just lay in bed and let the day play out with out me. Since I do have children I don't get that luxury. I'm not going to tell you how old I am I kind of like keeping that a mystery, but if you ask Doug he will tell you that I am twenty-one. He's been trained to say that for many years now. Such a good husband..

This is how my day went yesterday. Doug told me the night before that he was going to let me sleep in, I was thinking that would be the best present he could give me. ah sleep such a rare and precious thing, but yet again the boys weren't going to let that happen. So we were up and decided that since Doug had to go fly at noon we would go buy me a cake so I wouldn't have to make my own. Now that's another thing I love making cakes. I have to admit that I have made a few really awesome looking cakes. When it comes to me, I don't make my own. So, with the boys happy to go I decided to let them pick out my cake. What did I get?? No, we don't believe in getting a cake that has flowers on it or princesses. No I got a cake that had tanks, and helicopters. To tell you the truth, It was the best cake. It also provided nice entertainment for the boys, to play with the tanks and helicopter. Which meant that I could read a little. Or so I thought it would play out that way..

After about ten minutes of getting home, and it only being nine in the morning call me not the Katie I used to be but I just didn't feel like that sugar filled frosting cake at the moment. However Dougie did. We ended up with him bugging us to have "Mommy's" cake until we gave in and cut it at eleven thirty. (That way Doug could have some before he left.) After Doug left Dougie turned to me and said "Are you done having your birthday?" Hmm.. Usually I would say a big yes it's over let's not ever think about this again, but something about the way he put it made me think. So I looked at him and said, "No, this mom's' birthday last the whole week."
When I asked the boys what special lunch we should have for my birthday, Dougie replied with "You only get a cake mom." See I don't feel to bad about declaring my week.

Now making it through the week would be a nice thing. However it isn't my year for gracefully moving without getting myself hurt. All I'm going to say is hide and seek can hurt when your trying to hide from three boys hot on your trail..

1 comment:

crystal said...

Happy late Birthday!! It doesn't sound like your day went too bad! That cake really is awesome!