Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dougie's and Daxton's showdown at the store.

So yeah sometimes I get ahead of myself in life, and start to believe that maybe since the boys are getting bigger things might smooth out a bit. No. That's when I should have a little angel sitting on my shoulder to smack me upside the head for having such idiotic hopes.

I started to think maybe we had it down, that we could get through the store without a big scene. Well apparently I seem to don't know anything when it comes to predicting my kids. As usual at the store Friday afternoon, Daxton was being his self again. Running around all over, crashing into people, and causing people to notice him. This time how ever Dougie was taunting Daxton. Call me crazy but, even I know that you just don't want to push certain buttons when it comes to Daxton. So as it happened Dougie was pushing and bugging Daxton. Daxton finally had it and decided to tackle Dougie right there in the middle of one of the more populated isles in Wal-mart. Let me just say it's not the best moment for a mother, when you have to separate your children. One who had his breath knocked out of him, and another who happens to be acting like a transformer. At least they could entertain the bystanders.

Dougie seems to be doing pretty good this week. I caught him demonstrating the chest compressions for CPR on Daxton a few nights ago. That is another new thing that I have no clue as how he came across it.

Daxton has taken the liberty to cuss for me. I was downstairs decided that I could play the Nintendo, told Daxton to come watch. Daxton came walking over and said, "Are you going to beat that damn castle mom?" Okay I know I really need to put a plug in my mouth sometimes.

Connor is still being just as busy as ever and has shown us that he can discipline himself. He can put himself on time out and say "No, No," to himself. I think he's just trying to help me save my energy for the bigger two..

So now my new thing is to come to the realization that I cannot predict what my boys are going to do.. I think that's one thing kids do is keep you on your feet.

No comments: