Monday, February 23, 2009

Rain, rain come my way.

Someday when my boys look back on life, one thing they will remember is the days we played in the rain.. Today happens to be one of those days. I am a huge fan of rain. I love rain, I can't ever pass on playing in it. I think there are a few of you who have been on my rain escapades through life. Yeah those nights of coming home at night sopping wet. You can't ever say that it wasn't fun. So that's what I'm teaching my boys that sometimes the simplest things can be a lot of fun. (Don't worry never in the lighting. I'm not stupid.) Of course you know when there's rain, there's mud. You can't blame them when the mud get's tracked all through the house when it's their mother who instigated it.

In the last few weeks I have toughed up and taken the boys to church. Let's just say I look forward to a day when I don't come home look in the fridge for the closest caffeinated beverage that I can find, when coming back from an outing with the three of them. I think my kidneys will celebrate that day. But, until Daxton quits trying to play can I give mom a heart attack today, bring on the caffeine. All I have to say is that Dougie is really good when we go, Daxton runs, and runs where ever he can making me chase him down streets and through parking lots. Connor, well you can hear how mad he is through out the church when he get's put in nursery. Who knows maybe they'll settle down here soon.

Friday the grandparents (Doug's side.) showed up with the boys cousin. So yeah I thought well I will take her with me to go suprise Dougie (We didn't tell the boys they where coming) So I took her we waited for Dougie to come out of class, and when he did he looked at me confused. Looked again and realized who I had with me, it was funny to see them try to hug each other. Doug and I left and he took me shopping, yeah usually I can only stand about a hour at the most of shopping. By the time I got back which was four to five hours later, I was worn out. Yeah I'm not a big shopper, sorry Mom I don't have your shopping blood in me. I do have to admit that I do like the fact that I didn't have to wrestle, drag, or chase any kids. Hmm that is nice.. I might have to try it again, just as long as I get to go to the bookstore.

It's been a few busy days around here. Dougie is now counting down the days until his birthday. Daxton has been mad at Doug and doesn't acknowledge him, we have no idea what Doug did. We just know that Daxton won't go to Doug for nothing. wupty for me. Connor has taken the opposite stance from Daxton and wants Doug all the time which means at five thirty in the morning Connor and I are arguing. Why are we arguing, it's because he won't accept the fact that Doug had to go fly, and isn't home. Which then results in Connor searching the house and trying to go outside to see for himself.

Doug and I however are counting down the days until spring break. Yes that's right Grandparents and a certain aunt beware.. We're coming and we're bringing three boys... ha what am I saying like your not missing them..

2 comments:

Heather said...

Katie... this post almost surprised me, you "sound normal"? Is that possible? Shopping, going to church what has happened to my Katie!!! Should I freak out or stay calm? I'm confussed.....

Brown's living said...

Freak out, then run it's the end of the world.. I can't believe it myself..