Friday, February 27, 2009

Them vs me part two......

I thought to myself "who knew that all it would take was sucking the kids into the world of cartoons." Yeah that's where I should have seen the red flags shooting up and the sirens going off, but no I thought it would be okay to step out of the room feeling pretty safe about it only being a minute at the most. Let's just say I thought that a couple of times this week, boy I can be fooled more than twice.

So Tuesday I was on the computer Dougie, Daxton, and of course Connor, where sitting by me watching our daily dose of Spongebob. I figured that they where so into it that I could sneak into the other room for just a second. Well Connor only needed that one second. I come walking out and he's holding the Portable broad band thingy for my internet. The thing I noticed was the USB part was missing. So yeah haven't been on the computer for a few days, Just waiting for the replacement which I now have and am guarding from a two year old, who likes shiny things.

Okay Wednesday. I'd just finished giving the kitchen it's daily mopping and cleaning and went to start the laundry. Once again I figured that the boys where distracted with the toys downstairs. Hmm see a pattern yet? Just can't walk out of a room. I come back upstairs and slide across the floor I get myself stopped and realize that the three and two year old have washed the kitchen down. I do mean it when I say everything was sopping wet. I also realized that they have discovered the hose sprayer thing.. Cuss words here... Daxton informs me that they we're washing the dishes. I get that all cleaned up you know the ceiling, cupboards, mopped up again and realize that they have moved on. They decided that they needed to clean the bathroom while I was distracted with the other mess. So after getting another two inches of water cleaned up I decided that I couldn't leave them in a room at all for the rest of the day..

Thursday I decided that they where going to help me clean up their toy room even if it killed me they where going to help. To my surprise Dougie and Connor where a huge help. To bad I didn't see Daxton sneak upstairs with his stuffed animals. Only when I realized that I could here the sink on up in the kitchen did I notice that he wasn't helping. "My dog needed a bath." That's what he told me when I came into the kitchen which contained another inch of water and water running down the cabinets. Fortunately I think the stuffed animal is going to make it through it's near drowning.

Finally today I decided hell if they have nothing better to do then to cause me one mess after the next, I'm going to do something that I have always had a stance against and that is "child labor." Now I'm for it you know having them help vacuum and wipe the table down, sweep the floor. It worked they thought it was the funnest thing. I hope that someday when their complaining about having to clean, I will get to remember this day. Maybe I have been going at this all wrong and they just wanted to be included in cleaning.. But, I do have to ask myself for how long???

No comments: