Monday, March 23, 2009

pushing up the stakes...

Today Doug watched the boys while I was in and out of the house most of the day. I can honestly say that he has survived, he's not in the best of moods, but most importantly he survived and so did the boys. I do know at one point as Doug was trying to put the boys into the car to go pick up Dougie from school, when he finally got them in I heard him say "holy crap." Yes Doug got a little taste of what I go through everyday trying to get the kids from point A to point B, without losing a child in the process.

This last weekend I found myself wondering what my life would be like if I didn't have them. My conclusion is that it would be boring and pointless, I wouldn't get the entertainment that seems to be what my life is. However they do keep me on my toes on the new things they seem to come up with. Yeah so it's nothing new when I hear them arguing but, when it's about who's going to get their mustache first, then I know that I still haven't heard everything in life just yet. Yes I listened to Dougie and Daxton argue over which one was going to get their mustache first. Apparently Daxton seems to think that he's getting his before Dougie. When I tried to explain that Dougie will probably grow his first. Well that's when I learned that boys don't grow mustaches but, that you buy them. By the end of that wonderful conversation that I had with a six and three year old I was wondering where the hell Doug was when they come up with these things.

I can now say that they do have some of my blood in them. Yes it's started, the boys are now trying to take it up a notch of trying to see how much hair mom can lose this week. So I had just gotten off the phone talking to my mom when Dougie says "hey mom watch this." Okay many things come to my mind when I hear them say this phrase, whats going to get broken, who's going to get hurt, etc. This time I got to watch as my oldest child pushed my middle child who happened to be sitting on one of those inflatable punching bags down the stairs. I didn't have time to reach him, I could hear myself yelling at them and I think there might have been some praying too. But, then I noticed he was ridding it down the steps and it wasn't going to fast and he was laughing. They spent an hour testing this out, and I finally had to put a stop to it when I noticed them eying the laundry baskets. So, I say again yes, the boys are really pushing the stakes up a little more.

No comments: