Wednesday, March 18, 2009

They're after me lucky charms!!

Okay I have to admit that I was the one who had the boys running around saying "They're after me lucky charms." All I have to say to that is it was funny. What I really wanted to do this year for St. Patrick's day, is dress my boys up as Leprechauns. Unfortunately Doug had a say in it, he didn't think the boys would like that to much. I gave that to him since I couldn't quit find the right hats. So yesterday Doug driving DG, around on errands they of course came across a leprechaun. Doug called me telling me that they we're seeing a leprechaun. What Doug didn't know was that I had told the boys about Leprechauns. So he was a bit surprised that when Dougie saw this leprechaun that he told his dad that they needed to catch it so they could get it's pot of gold. The funniest thing about St.Patrick's day this year is that Dougie over the past few days has been talking about this Patrick. Yes, I am going to just admit this I really wasn't connecting the whole St. Patrick with this Patrick that Dougie kept talking about, at one point I thought it was another friend of his at school. Then this morning it came all to clear and had me laughing about it for quit some time. Dougie has been thinking that we were celebrating St.Patrick's day for the Patrick off Spongebob this whole time. I think that explains why he looked at me weird when I made him where green yesterday.

Life around here has been busy for us and since it's now spring I think it's only going to keep that way. The boys are still running us around in circles. Dougie's new thing is to tell me that he no longer has to listen to me or help me. Hurray for me pre-teens seems to be starting early with this one. Especially since he belives that we should treat ever day as if it is his birthday. I guess it's time for me to pull up my sleeves and prepare for this next stage.

I spend all my time anymore chasing after Daxton. The worst is when we go shopping anywhere. Which Doug now realizes why I don't take the two little ones anywhere without him. Although we have learned that if you give him something to carry he will carry it thinking it's an important job he's helping with. Which at our expense yes having those doughnuts is important. You know it beats having him carry those instead of me trying to figure out which aisle, or clothes rack he's hiding in.

Connor has watched his brother's so much that he acts like a mix of the two. Which I like to call, "Weapon of destruction Brown model #3." Funniest thing is that anymore people are always asking us if Connor and Daxton are twins. I do have to admit that I do want to say yes at times, but when I tell them that their a year apart they just don't want to believe me. I do know that if you hear Dougie laughing Connor is up to something and usually it's not a good thing. He has now become Dougie's new minion. I do know what older brother's are capable of. You know use the little brother to do your work so you don't get caught.

Life around here is entertaining with them, I'm just happy that we haven't had any floods, or things being broken around here. Hopefully it will stay that way for a few days, well until they get bored.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That's freak'n hell-ar-i-ass... (yes I spelled it wrong on purpose people....) (this is only for you people's who read this and don't know me...) Anyway as long as the boys don't start think that midgets are leprechauns I think you may survive, but barely...