Monday, April 6, 2009

Barbarian on the lose........

So I have kind of slacked off a bit lately. I can tell you that the boys are still being just as active as always. Life is never boring around here. Lately there is always a moment when I have to step in between Daxton and Connor. We have hit that wonderful phase where all they do is fight. To be honest these fights are usually over the stupidest things that I have ever seen. We have the shouting fights, this usually occurs when one is trying to out shout the other. The loser of these fights usually comes crying to me about how the other one scared him. Other fights happen when one wants what the other one has, or the fights when one of them accidently looks at the other one wrong. Even Doug is getting tired of all the fighting that these two do. Dougie on the other hand thinks that it is hilarious to watch his little brothers fighting.

Cassie got an up close look at how exactly our little barbarian runs around this place. She got to see past the little innocent act that he puts on for everyone else that doesn't live here. Cassie came over for a weekend a while back. It was the opening day of Monsters vs Aliens, and she came up with the idea to take them to it. Yes good idea to take the boys to the movie. Bad idea taking Connor to a place where he sees it as a place to cause havoc. I spent the time chasing Connor up and down the aisle and in between the rows. At one point Cassie had to pull him out of the seat as he was yelling "I'm stuck." Later she stood witnessed to him running through the store and trying to jump out of the shopping cart. (He can get out of the little safety belts.) By the end of her visit I think she was agreeing with me that we can't take Connor to too many places anymore when he's got a lot of energy.

Dougie is still doing good with school. He's busy trying to put his teacher into shock. I went to pick him up one day and she pulled me inside to tell me she had to talk to me. I was thinking great what kid did he beat up this time, only to have her show me that Dougie had shocked her and the assistant teacher by writing word for word everything she wrote up on the board. He had done that before she could get to him and help him. They were so proud that they wanted to take him down to the principal and show her. She even said that they were going to celebrate. I was happy that all the work we have been making him do is now paying off.

Daxton is the one who put me into shock. I always thought that he would have the hard time being separated from me. No the truth is it's me that's having the problem. I have been helping the sunbeam teacher at church. When they didn't need one Sunday I thought here we go Daxton isn't going to go to class, boy was I so far off. Daxton walked away and went into his class. I stood there with Connor waiting for him to come crying out of that classroom. He didn't. So I had Connor and he wouldn't stay in the nursery. I took him out to the car to get a diaper came back in and met up with Daxton's class on a potty break. After that I headed out to the car and passed Daxton's class yet again on a nature walk. I know I'm bad because I sat in the car and watched him in the mirrors.. Yes I was stalking my own child, but come on I don't even know these people and they want me to just let him go with strangers. That's when I realized I'm the one having the problem.

Connor well he's been what I like to call a little hellion. He thinks that he is big enough to do everything Dougie can. When he's not fighting with Daxton he's following Dougie every where. He even tries to hug Dougie all the time, that doesn't go over well. According to Dougie, "Connor is one brave little dude." Connor has also developed the illness of never wanting to wear clothes. Over the weekend at Grandma's he told Cassie that he's to tough to wear clothes. We watched him one day run up and tackle both Dougie and Daxton. That is why we call him our little barbarian. He's smashing, stomping, running and destroying anything that's in his path. He even acts like a little puppy that will crawl on your lap and let you pet him.

The boys are still running the house and life is still going. I never thought that I would see the day when I would have to wake them up. It happened today. I was starting to believe that I was in the wrong house. The sun was up and they weren't. It was nice. Although they have that cold that's going around, but I think maybe it's a small miracle.

1 comment:

crystal said...

Long time no see. I was just blog hopping and found your blog!! you've got a cute family. They are so much bigger then last time I saw them.

Crystal E.
www.aflockofturkeys.blogspot.com