Friday, March 13, 2009

ripped his pants.....

Boys, boys, boys. Now I know that God had a sense of humor when he created little boys. That or he really just likes to watch me squirm. But, I think that I'm going to go with the first.

I know that kids really love cartoons, my kids do taking it to a point of reenacting the episodes over after watching them. Transformer's are a given at our house, never a moment when Daxton isn't transforming into something. Lately besides transforming, they have decided that playing Sponge bob is just as fun. In this one instance the boys had watched the episode where sponge bob rips his pants, and sings about it. Now most of you now can imagine what happened today. Yes the boys ran around playing like they had ripped their pants, I finally put a stop to it when Dougie actually ripped his underwear, and ran around the house laughing about it. I will never understand why...

Every time we come home from visiting the grandparents the same routine with Dougie happens. First he says "Man I'm happy to be home." That I know will change within the next few hours too, "I hate it here I want to live back there." (Which happens to be with the Grandparents.) Followed by hours of him crying that he doesn't want to be here and that he's just going to take all his stuff and leave. Daxton and Connor seem to be okay with the whole process of coming back and fourth. I'm just hoping that Dougie will adjust for the better.

Daxton, I know should be on that old show of "Kids say the darnedest things." He is always catching me off guard when he says things. Lately he says, "that's sweet," or "oh tarter sauce." Although tonight was one of those moments when I realize that I really need to zip my mouth shut at times, especially when Daxton said "What the heck." Yeah I know bad Katie. Someday I might be flogged for it, but for now I think I will just try to think before I speak.

Conner has become one of those people that stand in the background, and when something happens to you he's there to go "ha ha." You could be hit in the head with a shoe, Frisbee, or even slip and fall. He will of course be there and you will know it's him when you hear, "ha ha ha." Just what I needed to be laughed at by my own two year old. Glad I can be his amusement.

However there is one thing that I have noticed with my boys, and that's when there are others around their easier to handle. When it's just me with them well that's when I see the wheels turning in their heads. We might just have to visit the Grandparents more often. That way I can stay sane. I'm just going to point this out, that this might not be the best post, it might not even make much sense. I really have no excuse but, I'm tired. Go ahead blame me it was posted at twenty til midnight. Why was I up?? Answer is simple boys, boys, boys. Gotta love them..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i remember this episode and yes it is funny!! lol hey how are things? hang in there and let me know when you come into town.

Anonymous said...

hey i have a blog spot again!!!