Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Buzz cut anyone?

Scissors, water, conversations with a four year old, a two year old who believes all he needs is Dad, A six year old who constantly asks, "when can I get out of here." and a mother trying not to go insane. Yep you've entered the Brown zone.

So I've had to wonder,,.. How many times is it going to take before I can get it through Junior's head (Junior being Dougie) that maybe he doesn't need to play with scissors. No matter where I seem to hide all the scissors in this house Dougie can track them down when "Dad and Mom are not looking." This weeks escapades with scissors has not gone well, I'm just putting that lightly. I sent Doug downstairs the other day and he discovered that in the ten minutes that Dougie had gone down there that he had taken a pair of scissors for a joyride. The futon cover had been hacked on one side, a sleeping bags cords had been cut off, the crane on a toy truck got the nix, Doug's books in his work room got stylized, and of course the seat covers that Doug has been working hard on got it too. Yeah Doug wasn't impressed. You'd think that after having to sit on his bed for the night would have gotten through his head. No it didn't, and you all knew I was going to say that. Let's just say I have three little boys with buzz cuts now. Yes I have hidden the scissors again.

I have one name who I swear is going to be the one who pushes me over to the loony side. That name you have already guessed DAXTON. I've decided that when life gets to be feeling like too much I just sit down and have a conversation with him. Doug swears that Daxton takes after me. I do admit that he does to a point, but he's got a little extra to him. These last few weeks have been quit fun listening to what is going to come next out of his mouth. The kid has a huge vocabulary for his age. One day he looked at Dougie and said "What's that vial stench." He calls Connor "Pier," and yesterday sitting by him he told me to just shake my booty. Which then he demonstrated on how to properly shake the butt. With Daxton everything has a name and there is always a conversation going on with or without someone there. I might just have to start recording him.

Connor is dutifully following the examples set by his older brothers. Some days he keeps up with them and other days he just doesn't care. He always wants to be trailing after Doug but, as soon as it's bed time he then tells Doug "Go to work." Then of course I wake up through out the night to a two year old yelling at me, because I happen to not be attending to his majesties needs. I can only hope this is just a stage.

Besides learning that scissors are evil. the boys have been having a good first two weeks of summer. Watching the asphalt out back being pulled up and a new cement pad for them to ride bikes on being poured. Believe me when I say they have drilled those guys with the rundown of questions that could ever be thought up about the pouring of cement. The water playing and fights have started. And, yes every time you turn around your stepping in water. Really it's not the best time of the year to try to wear socks, you never know where the next step might be a booby trapped of spilled water. Last of all they know that there is a new Transformer movie coming out and even though we tell them probably not they keep coming up with reasons why they need to see it. My favorite, "If we don't see it we'll cry." I'm going to remember that for future reference.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Katie I think you need a lock box! but one that can't be opened by anything but scanning your hand! Maybe then things might be safe in your house!