Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Connor vs. Goliath

So lately I've tried being a nice person. Yeah I know amazing isn't it? But, where does this niceness get me. It get's our family what we call "The family stalker." One day when the boys where outside playing with Doug a kid showed up. Now usually you think hmm okay but, not this kid. This kid is a big and I do mean a big ten year old. He is always coming over. To be honest with you some days I'm a little scared to look out the window. Because it does happen, you look out there's the kid looking in. I let him play for a little while the whole time with me telling him to knock the crap off he seems to be pulling. It always comes down to the same old thing, me telling him to go home. We had one day where I had sent him home only to be sitting out on the porch ten minutes later discussing with the boys that they could play in the water. A few minutes later yes here comes this kid who you know has been listening to us. When I asked him why he was back he said "I told my grandpa that we were going to play in the water." Needless to say I decided to let them play in the water and took great satisfaction in soaking him with the hose. Who says somethings can't be therapeutic? He has also shown us that even if I lock the back porch and the doors to the house, that he will still break in and enter because he thinks it's funny. To say that, that day when that had happened my niceness decided to take a quick vacation. Now I'm starting to see that not only are we wary of this kid so is the rest of the neighborhood. In the past few days our house has become the place where the neighborhood kids all like to hang out at. Oh goody. All I can hope for is that school will start up again. Or maybe I need to take the kids on a trip.

Usually it's Daxton that I'm always shaking my head and trying to figure out where to even begin with him, however this time I am thinking that way with Dougie. Dougie's been on a roll lately. The other day Connor came running up to me holding his eye saying that he got sprayed.(he never did say who had actually done it.) Connor was smelling like WD-40, so I knew that they had gotten into their dads room again and climbed the shelves. After I had gotten Connor's eye all washed out and figured he was going to be fine, I decided to confront the offender. I walked downstairs to have Dougie pointing at Daxton that he'd done it. Now I am going to admit that I should have realized that Dougie was way to eager for Daxton to be in trouble but, I didn't pay attention due to the fact that I was upset. So after lecturing Daxton and putting him on his bed. Dougie finally confessed that he was the one who had done it. Yeah to tell you that I was happy about finding out Dougie was willing to let his brother take his punishment for him is saying it way to lightly. So knowing that he is now capable of lying to me I have to wonder now, which will bring me to my next story. Dougie has this little friend that we call Dougie's little "girlfriend." Yesterday with eight kids running through the house two of the older girls came to me and told me that while they we're all playing pirates that they had caught Dougie and this little girl kissing. Now being his mother I do not want to believe it. The kids are saying so but, Dougie is adamantly saying no. So I asked him to please don't do that until he's fifty, by then I think that I can handle it. I did however catch her blowing kisses to him while she was leaving yesterday. I know my mind is now just telling me I'm seeing things. At least that's just what I want to believe.

I am still having those frustrtating moments with Daxton. I am starting to believe that I'm not going to win any battles with that one. His new thing is to look at me when he's not getting his way and say "Stupid mom." Then when he's sent to his room he immediatly tells me that he meant "I love you mom."

So here brings me to my best story of the week. The "stalker," had come over when I happened to be downstairs cleaning up the boys toys. (Bet you can't guess that the boys where upstairs not helping.) I hear the boys running around and realize yes the kid was over again. Then Connor came downstairs cussing that they had hurt him, and before I could do anything he said "I'm going to get him." and off Connor went. The next thing I knew Connor had gone upstairs waited until the kid ran through the kitchen, and took a stool and shoved it at him knocking the kid down. Connor then came back to me and said "I got him." Yes my two year old took on a ten year old. I probably should not be to happy about that but, come on it's funny especially if you knew this ten year old. I guess it just goes to the fact that you don't really want to get on Connor's bad side.

Yep it's been a very buisy week for us here. Very entertaining and for some reason I think I want to take a vacation from it. Maybe just an hour of peace would be nice.
"

No comments: