Monday, June 15, 2009

catching Connor

I have learned that maybe I haven't quit mastered the art of true "grouchy, leave me alone, I'm to onry to be around," attitude that I thought I had. No,I learned that I have the house that all the neighbor kids want to hang out at. I'm the person that they are all eager to tell everything they know to. To be honest there are just some things that I do not need to know. I did learn that I am not like every other mom. When it rains if there is no lighting or thunder I just let the kids be and we play in it. Not the other kids as soon as there is a hint of a drop those kids go running to take cover inside or under umbrella's. What can I say I love rain, and I see no problems with splashing in puddles.

I have had one of those weeks where I just watch the clock and count down to when Doug gets home so that I can look at him and point at his youngest son and say "he's all yours." I'm just going to say that I really, really hate chasing a two year old up and down the streets. Although at one point (on Doug's watch) he actually couldn't be found for a few minutes until Doug discovered him over and down one street. To say Connor can attract Grandma's is putting it mildly. He had some lady chasing after him because he'd gotten away from all of us and no one could find him thankfully he had an angel watching. I think he is blaming us for the lack of not seeing his favorite person his "true grandma." He actually has started adopting Grandma's over here. He even had the neighbor take him for a walk just down the back road here and back. Since she was wearing her sunglasses he made her come back so that he could wear his. I do think we're going to have to go visit his Grandma soon, I'm tired of him crying about it and having me call you all the time mom. I'm starting to feel like the middleman, the go between if he doesn't have his dad or grandma then I guess he just settles for me until one shows up. Then I'm not so great.

Daxton has been a little easier to be around this week. I have had the proper instruction on how to transform correctly. I also got a lesson on how to talk like a transformer. I've even been taught how pirates walk the plank right. I have also had it pointed out by Doug that he's not going to be so easy for me to mess with his head. Apparently he's too much like me. Living in his own world, you know sometimes I think that just fine.

Dougie I pointed out to Doug (since he pointed out Daxton was like me)that his son Dougie jr., well he's just like his dad. I have had to start work on trying to make Dougie realize that not everything has to be so serious all the time. That people do joke with each other. My mistake the day I pointed it out, it became aprils fools day all over again. Yep just like his father that one. I did end up soaked twice with Dougie laughing so hard he couldn't get up. Belive me when I say that was one long day.

I am hoping that maybe for this week I won't have to chase Connor down the streets, and that maybe we can go a day without Daxton taking twenty minutes to transform, (I told him he could probalby do that a little faster and he told me "You have to do it right.") And I am really hoping that Dougie will not dictate to much this week to everyone.

No comments: