Saturday, June 20, 2009

Connor has new diet.

Another one of those weeks where I wonder exactly why boys have to be so gross or why they do the things that they do. I never really have quit figured out what goes on in these three boys heads. I see the wheels turning all the time, sometimes I'm wary, and a little scared to see what they are going to pull next.

Doug's learned that he really has to watch what he says around the two year old this week. Let me just say it throws you for a minute when you hear little Connor telling you he's going to kick my well you fill in the blank. I do admit I might have laughed a little when I walked away. But, I didn't laugh when I heard him cussing again after his dad said a few words that I will not repeat. Let's just say that it made Doug open his eyes to the fact that his three boys are always listening.


The boys have been wearing themselves out these last few weeks with their little friends. All I can say is it's good it's bad. The good thing is that they are always easy to put to bed and are sleeping in a little in the mornings. The bad is I'm always chasing a two and four year old around the neighborhood.

Dougie's been having fun standing outside telling everyone what they could and couldn't do. I can always tell where he is due to the fact that all you have to do is give it five minutes and he's yelling somewhere at something that everyone isn't doing right that he thinks they need to. Today I got the pleasure of walking down the aisle at the grocery store to have him tailing me yelling at me that he hates me. I'm not going to lie I go a few looks from bystanders but, couldn't really put any effort in caring seeing how I think I have just gotten to the point where I know that you can't say anything to him without a huge argument. Sometimes it's just better to ignore things.

Daxton has been busy trying to grow up too fast. He came to me the other day and since Connor had climbed up on my lap he decided that he needed "to hold the baby." Yeah that didn't go well with Connor. He later came upstairs to get Connor to go downstairs and play. Since I was trying to get Connor to take a nap I told Daxton he was going to sleep. Yeah try telling Daxton anything is pointless anymore. He just looked at me and said, "give me the baby I'll carry him downstairs." He's even gotten to the point where he believes that if he picks up a toy or two he's done his share of cleaning up. "I'm worn out," "I'm exhausted," are his excuses for why he can't help anymore.

Connor has shown me that boys really are disgusting at times. I spent all week with the boys finding those potatoe bugs and playing with them, that I would have never thought Connor of actually doing what he did when Daxton brought one inside. Daxton came in saying that he had a new pet. (which was the bug.) Connor waited until Daxton dropped it and the apparently picked it up and ate it. All I knew is that Daxton started crying and when I looked at Connor he just smiled, pointed to himself and said, "I ate it." Believe me I searched the carpet for it I just didn't want to think that he would do that. I had a long talk with him about eating bugs was a no no. I think I going to have to keep a closer eye on him when it comes to bugs.

It's been another week with these guys and we've only had two doors broken this week. Thankfully Doug knows how to fix things.

No comments: