Wednesday, July 15, 2009

off balance!!

"Just shrink, just shrink mom you can do it." Honestly if I could shrink down into a very small person I think that I would have used that ability on and off just to get away from my children at times. But, no I had to listen to Daxton tell me that I could shrink into a small person, so that he could put me in his toy truck and have me drive it.

So yes my life has been having those kinds of episodes for a few days now. You know the ones where they make you sit down to watch their concerts, the ones where they honestly believe that you can transform into some creature that they can control. For some reason the boys have gotten into their heads that they can tell me what to do, and I'm supposed to hop on it immediately. I'm afraid it's only a sign of things to come.

I have also learned that the boys are slowly learning the art of trying to deceive their mother. Too bad I know that when their being quiet, or walking by watching me with hands behind their backs I'm on to them immediately. What they don't quit understand is how I know every time. I actually have them believing me that I do have the sight of seeing everything that they are doing at all times. As they learned the other day when they and two of the neighbor boys, thought that they could tunnel under the neighbor's fence. quite amusing to watch believe me. Every time I poked my head around the corner of the shop out back they thought that they we're being "sneaky," and put their plastic sandbox shovel behind their backs. What they didn't expect was that I just told them to "have at it." Yeah believe me I wasn't worried about them actually getting to far. I was right, about twenty minutes later they we're all tired and throwing in the shovels. Call me crazy but really how far were they going to get with plastic shovels and dry hard ground?

Another thing I have learned is that I don't really know how to handle having the boys gone. I learned that when Dougie and Daxton thought they were going to stay with their grandparents for a few extra days, then come back home with them later. Sure I had Connor but, it was quiet, and I only had to chase one boy. There was no fights to break up and I only had one little boy to wrestle with at stores. It threw me way out of balance. Maybe quiet is over rated after all. All in all the boys are back and I can return to what I call "normal," it might not be normal, but it works for us around here.

No comments: