Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What is that??

I happened to look up in time the other day to see a weed bush riding around on a hot cycle(or whatever you call them). Yeah, I bet you can imagine what that would have been like, you know looking away to make sure you finally haven't lost all sanity and are actually seeing it happen before your eyes. I honestly can say I couldn't identify who was under all that. There where no legs, no arms nothing visible for the eye to detect that this big mass of weeds hadn't come to life and decided "hey I'm going to take that little boys bike for a ride." I was finally able to identify what child of mine was riding around in circles yelling "ye haw," with weeds piled all over him. Yes I have video footage, and yes you have probably figured out what kid it was. Daxton, for those of you who haven't quit figured out that Dougie uses him as his stunt man on everything.

Our adventures are slowing down now that school has started. Dougie has only tried to play the sick card on us twice. Although he's learned that computers are fun and he knows a few more people than he did from last year, I think he's going to be just fine this year. Of course that is what everyone says. I'm still trying to get used to him being gone all day and having to be left alone with Dax, and Con. Yes I will admit that sometimes I get a little worried when those two are getting along and playing together. I have also decided that Crayons, markers, basically anything that writes really can be bad in the hands of a four and two year old. Though I do enjoy their art work from time to time, Doug isn't quit sold on the murals that the boys put upon the walls for everyone to enjoy. This technique that they use is "grab crayon and run real fast down the walls until mom catches us." I hate that game.

Now that Dougie's at school during the day, I have time to work with the other two on how we shouldn't act like wild animals in the stores. Or teaching Daxton that he really doesn't have to hit everyone, even if they look at him wrong. My goal is to be able to go one day taking the boys places without tantrums, fights, or them calling each other whatever name they can think of in public. Maybe someday....

No comments: